Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just some thoughts....

For the last year I have had so much going on in my life that would make anyone depressed if you just dwell on it. I have learned to trust God no matter what and try and think about others instead of dwelling on what is going on in my life. Satan would like you to dwell on your own problems so you become depressed and begin to think things are hopeless. That is where faith comes in (Hebrews 11:1 Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen) We have to look beyond our problems and trust God to bring us through. Thinking of others and praying for them gets you out of the "me" mode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right that praying for others (and helping them) really helps to get you out of the "me" mode. I have been learning that a lot in the last few months as well. It is harder to concentrate on the negative things in your own life when you are praying for and/or ministering to others with needs. I wonder how many people could give up depression medication if they tried this "new treatment". :-)