Saturday, May 17, 2008

Running On CNG

Officially as of Thursday May 14 we are now running CNG in our truck instead of gasoline. There is no difference in driving. The only thing is it is half the capacity as the gasoline tank which means I can go only about 150 miles on the tank of CNG. The gasoline tank is 30 gallons. But... the price makes all the difference. Gasoline at the present time that I wrote this is $3.59 a gallon. CNG is about 90 cents a gallon. So I think filling up more often is ok at that price. Also, CNG is a cleaner running than gasoline. Its only inconvenience is you have to fill up more often. And if I run out of CNG before I get to the pump... I just flip a switch and I am back to gasoline. But don't see that happening. There is a pump not far from us and then one right by where Ken works so not a problem. I will post pictures later since Ken took my truck today.

No comments: