Sunday, May 4, 2008

We Got Another Troop!


I am always excited when a troop goes home! We started out with the maximum number of troops they allow you on Adoptaplatoon. Since then 3 have gone home. At first when this happened I thought well we will just keep only 2 but then I could not rest about it and I felt like the Lord was urging me to keep up the four. So now every time one goes home we immediately ask for another one. Sometimes you never hear back from one of them but that is ok. We are not in it for the reason to hear back. We are in it for the morale of the troops. It takes so little time to just send a card once a week. Since then, I started writing letters and putting in pictures of things that was going on around here. Maybe it will bore them maybe not but it is sharing our lives with them and for a moment taking them some place other than where they are right now. We are back up to 4 again. We got our newest one yesterday and he is stationed in Japan. We are excited! Out of the soldiers we have had we have had 2 of them contact us back. We feel so blessed to get to know them! I encourage you to join in and support our soldiers! There are many ways you can do this. On the right side of this blog are just a few links you can go to to find out how you can help. You won't be sorry you will be blessed!

No comments: